The analysis in this report serves the following purposes:
- To inform the community of the impact Data Carpentry workshops have made on its learners.
- To provide context for the survey responses as they relate to Data Carpentry learners.
- To discuss what Data Carpentry is doing well, areas of improvement, and questions we should be asking.
The report finds that learners are reporting that after a workshop, their level of data management and analysis skills have increased, they have increased confidence in their ability to use these skills and that the learners have increased appreciation for these skills (i.e. scripting) to improve and promote reproducible research. 95% of learners agree or strongly agree that they would recommend the workshop to a colleague.
Long-Term Survey Reports
The long-term survey assessed confidence, motivation, and other outcomes more than six months after respondents attended a Carpentry workshop. Provided below are a few highlights from the data.
- 77% of our respondents reported being more confident in the tools that were covered during their Carpentry workshop compared to before the workshop.
- 54% of our respondents have made their analyses more reproducible as a result of completing a Carpentry workshop.
- 65% of our respondents have gained confidence in working with data as a result of completing the workshop.
- 74% of our respondents have recommended our workshops to a friend or colleague.