Tips and Tricks, Common Problems, Items of Note
Making a handout
To make a handout for this lesson, adapt/print from https://librarycarpentry.org/lc-data-intro/reference.
To teach regular expressions, instructors have used:
- slides to quiz the audience on examples.
- Pen and paper, to work through exercises before using a tool and to explain that there can be multiple answers to the same question.
- Whiteboard with text examples and quized participants on regex approaches.
- Online tools such as: Regxr, regex101, rexegper, myregexp, or whichever service you prefer.
- Used quiz/exercise files in https://github.com/LibraryCarpentry/lc-data-intro/tree/gh-pages/files.
- Due to time constraints, it is best to choose the exercises that match the needs of the local community that will be attending the workshop.
- Point to lesson quiz and exercises for additional practice/homework.