OverviewTeaching: 5 min
Exercises: 20 minQuestions
How can I cement my understanding of Git’s functions?Objectives
rephrase Git commands using everyday language
demonstrate Git’s functions by drawing or sketching
It is likely that some things won’t have stuck from the last hour. To try to reinforce how things work we can work in groups to develop diagrams to illustrate Git functions and language. This should make carrying out more complicated aspects of Git clearer in our heads.
- illustrate the concepts discussed in the first hour
- try to ‘draw’ what different commands mean
- try to come up with synonyms for what the commands are doing.
Exercise - visualising git
In group work, spend some time trying to illustrate some of the commands we’ve used with Git:
- try to express git commands in a non ‘git’ way
- try to visualise what commits are doing to your repository
If you want to practise more feel free to keep practicising making changes to your file and committing the changes. If you want to explore more git commands, search for some more online or follow one of the suggested links below.
the language of Git can be confusing and intimidating
rephrasing commands and drawing concepts can clarify Git’s workflow