- Three Bootcamps for Librarians by Cameron Macdonell
Dr. James Baker receives support from the Software Sustainability Institute to develop and implement Library Carpentry.
- Why the information profession needs Library Carpentry by Clare Playforth
Pilot Library Carpentry programme taught at City University London. Lessons derived from Software Carpentry.
- Library Carpentry: software skills workshops for librarians by James Baker
First Mozilla Global Sprint - Library Carpentry lesson development led by Belinda Weaver. Subsequent sprints in 2017 and 2018.
- Updating Library Carpentry (2016) by Belinda Weaver
- The Endless Sprint (2017) by Belinda Weaver
- Library Carpentry Hackathon a Great Success (2018) by Chris Erdmann and Belinda Weaver
First Carpentries instructor training for librarians and Library Carpentry at csv,conf,v3 in Portland, OR. The National and State Libraries of Australasia fund an all-capital cities roadshow in Australia for Library Carpentry workshops.
- Software Carpentry / Data Carpentry Instructor Training for Librarians by John Chodacki
- NSLA Roadshow by Belinda Weaver
- Skills Training for Librarians: Expanding Library Carpentry by John Chodacki
IMLS grant awarded to the California Digital Library to further develop Library Carpentry. Chris Erdmann hired as the Community and Development Director. The Carpentries opened Lesson Organisation discussions with Library Carpentry on 21 May 2018 and joined The Carpentries as an official Lesson Program on 1 November 2018.
- Welcome Chris Erdmann, Library Carpentry Community and Development Director by John Chodacki
- Opening discussions about Library Carpentry being a Lesson Organisation with The Carpentries by Tracy Teal and Belinda Weaver
- Report back from the University of Calgary Libraries by Chris Erdmann
- Library Carpentry is now officially a Lesson Program! by Tracy Teal and Chris Erdmann
Library Carpentry, the Australian Research Data Commons, and the Research Data Alliance Libraries for Research Data Interest Group organised a worldwide sprint with over 20 organisations to develop and publish Top 10 FAIR Data & Software Things to provide domain level guidance on the FAIR principles. The Library Carpentry Maintainer community ran a series of calls to get to know each other, look at what needed to be developed in the lessons, and understand how they wanted to work as groups. The Governance Group transitioned into the Advisory Group which works towards fostering greater participation in the Library Carpentry community. Library Carpentry, LIBER, LIR, and the UCD Library host a Carpentries instructor training workshop for librarians. 5 Library Carpentry lessons part of The Carpentries June 2019 lesson release.
- Top 10 FAIR Data & Software Things Published by Chris Erdmann and Natasha Simons
- News from the Library Carpentry Maintainer Community and Curriculum Advisory Committee by Chris Erdmann
- Announcing the Library Carpentry Advisory Group
- Library Carpentry, LIBER, LIR and the UCD Library host an instructor training workshop geared towards librarians
- Announcing the June 2019 lesson release!